Carb boot order

• Robb2018
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 76 KZ900 73 Z1 A
More
31 Mar 2020 10:47 - 31 Mar 2020 10:49 #822286 by Robb2018
Carb boot order was created by Robb2018
I reinstalled my carbs the other day and not having my glasses on, I misread the "R" on the two boots meant to go on the right side and ended up putting them on the left. I noticed the mistake right as I finished putting the last boot on. Not wanting to go through that tortuous process twice in a row, I closely examined each boot and decided it wasn't worth it. All 4 boots are sitting nice and square and actually I couldn't see how it would make any difference if they were switched. Has anyone else ever made this mistake and just let it go? I always check for airleaks whenever I reinstall carbs anyway and like I said, none of the boots appear to be off center or anything. But then there's the question of why would they make Left's and Right's if it doesn't make any difference how you install them. I do have the up side up on all 4 at least.

KZ900; Z1
Last edit: 31 Mar 2020 10:49 by Robb2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2020 11:14 #822292 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic Carb boot order
If its carb to engine side the hose tails will be pointing in the wrong direction, if carb to air-box they are shaped to go left or right and my not set properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.