Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

81kz750 ltd 08 Aug 2019 18:35 #808936

• rosko77
  • rosko77's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey everyone, i just recently installed a dynojet stage 3 jet kit got rid of the airbox and put some emgo air pods on which have the big rubber inside lip which i think blocks the air ducts somewhat..upon acceleration its one heck of an improvement but at idle it sounds choppy and wants to die sometimes ..is it because of the rubber lip on the inside of the pod..also i get deaccel pop coming from either 1 or #2 carbs definetly on the left side..now dynojet specifically states the pilot screw 3.5 turns out ive also had a hanging idle as well a couple of times where i had to shut it off then restart bike..is it worth my wile to cut the inside rubber out of the pods and is it wise to adjust the pilot screws to get the best throttle response at idle ..im running stock exhaust with the baffles taken out as well..please help..!also i put new rubber carb intake mounts on the bike so i know theres no air leaks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

81kz750 ltd 08 Aug 2019 21:50 #808940

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2067
You may be able to sufficiently modify those filters so they no longer interfere with carburetor function, but it might be easier to replace them with some high quality filters from APE, K&N, or Uni.
With open exhaust, there will always be some popping on deceleration.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

81kz750 ltd 09 Aug 2019 09:56 #808952

• rosko77
  • User
Ok..ill try to cut the rubber out..and if it doesnt wrk ill buy sum k&ns thx for yur input and will let ya know howw it goes

81kz750 ltd 23 Aug 2019 15:48 #809703

• rosko77
  • User
hey everyone...after installing the stage 3 jet kit ,putting k &N air pods on the bikle is running the best it ever has..no flat spots smooth idle..acceleration is on point....very pleased to take a bike that ran like dookie to making it purr purr purr..lol

81kz750 ltd 23 Aug 2019 15:52 #809705

• rosko77
  • User
all i gotta say is if yur going to put a jet kit to do away with the airbox...maake sure the air pods dont have an inside lip to block the kidney bean passage on the carbs..also i used zipties to take the weight off of the carb boot mounts on motor tthey will rip..i ruined a brand new set of em...lesson learned!

81kz750 ltd 23 Aug 2019 16:22 #809710

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2674

rosko77 wrote: hey everyone...after installing the stage 3 jet kit ,putting k &N air pods on the bikle is running the best it ever has..no flat spots smooth idle..acceleration is on point....very pleased to take a bike that ran like dookie to making it purr purr purr..lol

This should be pinned: proper pods, not junky Emgo generics, and a proper jet kit = good running bike.B)

• Page: