Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CV32 keihin Float Height 15 Jul 2019 05:59 #807559

• Tmiron
  • Tmiron's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey I'm trying to properly set the float height on my Keihin CV32 carbs on my 1978 Kz400b. I the fuel needs to be 1.5-3.5 mm below the lip of the float bowl. I'm using the "wet" clear tube method to set the level, however I want to get it spot on and I've taken the carb apart a dozen or so times and it's so hard to get it perfect by benind the tang on the floats. Does anyone know the measurement for the "upside down" method for measuring from the lip of the float bowl to the top (really the bottom) of the floats when they are upside down? I want a good starting point. I'll use the wet method to dial it in.

Thanks
1978 KZ400 B1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CV32 keihin Float Height 15 Jul 2019 08:56 #807563

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
Instead of bending the tang, I made a simple float support & would flex the tang X number of times, then re-check the fuel level.
I also made a simple carb stand and used a large funnel & tubing as the fuel supply.
Also, just use 1 or 2 screws on the float bowls >> that should save some time.

I checked the KZ400.com technical specs page but didn't see the float height for your motorcycle.
However, there is a carb setting page for the 77 400-D4. see link below. I may have overlooked the info for your model.
Warning: the KZ400.com Forums may harm your computer. someone else said they were harmful, so I don't go there.

KZ400.com >> Technical tips workshop manual section >> Adjusting 1977 KZ400-D4 carburetors
I assume the float level is taken from the gasket mating surface w the gasket removed. ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: