CV 34 carbs

More
26 Jun 2019 19:48 #806536 by carl66757
CV 34 carbs was created by carl66757
Hi, I just picked up a 82 Kz 750 ltd for $300.00. no joke it runs and is titled. anyway the guy says he cracked a carb housing when rebuilding them, well after I got it home, I tore into find that he in fact over tightened every jet, including the venturi nozzles, cracking one venturi tube housing that the nozzle screws into and bent all the nozzles where the jet needles get hung into them.... I hope im painting the picture easy enough becuase thats all simple.....replace the carb thats actually broke and buy new nozzles, My question is do you think the top of the venturi tubes could be hurt? should I look for a updated style of carbs that are 34mm and will mount? or chance it and buy $50 worth of nozzles and a good carb body to replace the broken one? the bike is real clean and only 16k miles..... I wouldnt mind spending few hundred on better style carbs if there is any that are "plug n play" so to say. also one question why is there plugs in the starter jet orifice of them? seams like they are turned it into a air jet for the venturi nozzles? seams strange

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 21:06 #808397 by NickyNaggs
Replied by NickyNaggs on topic CV 34 carbs
Funny. I also just picked up a 82 KZ750 LTD, for $400 Haha.

Is yours a twin or a 4-cyl? I have a twin and when measuring the bore at the butterfly valve of the carbs I get 34mm so I assume I also have the CV34's.

I'm interested in seeing what the experts have to say.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
30 Jul 2019 05:16 #808408 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic CV 34 carbs
I'm not familiar with the terminology being used to describe the parts. If by chance this is the 4 cylinder model bike please provide photos and or use the Kawasaki part names because I've got some spares and might be able to help.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...ts-81-82-kz750-e2-e3