Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

81kz750 ltd 22 Jun 2019 20:28 #806289

• rosko77
  • rosko77's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey everyone..i have a question about an issue i had today with the bikes first 8 miles ive ridden it...drove all around town and at about 4 miles into the rideran great then it started running super rich popping at 1\3 throttle at half throttle and more it would fix itsself and fly..so i turned around and made it home..oh yeah the carbs hungup and i had to pull the clutch and shut bike off upon restarting still popped the whole way home till half and more throttle and rocket...i took the carbs off and #1 carb had a good quite abit of gas in the air boot duct...could it be the air passage in the carb is causing it to be super rich?..that worries me when the carb hangs up and screams..help...im gonna send the carb bodies to have em sonic cleaned ..all the rubber boots seem to be in gd condition...the pilot screws are at 2.75 ish turns..any ideas? thanks also the bike is all stock...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

81kz750 ltd 22 Jun 2019 20:30 #806291

• rosko77
  • rosko77's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
also could it dirt in the airpassage causing it to have a good bit of gas in the air boot side of carb?

81kz750 ltd 22 Jun 2019 21:08 #806292

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
Either a float needle isn't seating properly or if the float bowls have an overflow tube, one or more may be cracked. Oh, and it's money well spent to replace the rubber carb boots that attached to the head. Even if the current boots seem reasonably soft they do have a limited life span and cracks will show up as a vacuum leak which causes a high idle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rosko77

81kz750 ltd 23 Jun 2019 17:57 #806335

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
Less likely, but also possible is a slide hanging open.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

• Page: