TOPIC:

cilinder not firing 14 May 2019 19:07 #803895

• Sayonara
  • Sayonara's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello
Just installed a new out the box set of rs 34 with 17.5 pilot and 115 main as it comes just replacing the 29 smoothbore I had on it since I wanted better performance,
the 29 are running good and 4 cylinders fire.
with the smoothbores 3 cylinders are exempt #4, I have checked the coils and swap spark plugs from the cylinders I even put a new spark plug and do not fire. came out clean.
the engine is new not even 100 miles on it and 4 cylinders have 135 psi compression.
the strange thing is that I poured gasoline in the filter and still did not fire.
could someone give me suggestions to where to look.I mean the reason I bought new carbs is that I don't like fiddling with carbs to much but I think there might be an issue with them
thanks
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sayonara.

cilinder not firing 15 May 2019 08:15 #803915

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
Doesn't sound like a carb issue. Maybe you upset some of the coil wiring during the install.

cilinder not firing 15 May 2019 10:29 #803921

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 655
So No 4 is not firing even after swopping No1 plug lead/ cap with No 4 and No1 fires with either lead cap? I think thats what your post says? So if no 1 fires with either and no4 doesnt with either lead it must be a fuel issue. Something sounds blocked in no 4 carb then. Even new there is a possibility, remote admittedly, they left the carb factory like that. Could be a bit of dirt, could be a bit of machine gunk, could be a manufacturing error. Who knows, all you can do is take number 4 carb apart and see if you can find whatever it is.
The alternative is to take them back and swop for a different set.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

cilinder not firing 15 May 2019 11:06 #803922

• shrap66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Can you see if you have a spark coming out of #4 ?

If you do then it probably has to do with the #1 carb. Can be a blocked passage like Warren said.
1979 KZ1000B3 LTD Glacier Green

cilinder not firing 15 May 2019 13:24 #803926

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1896
Are you sure you see a real visible spark on #1 and 4??? The engine has to be run/start on #1 cyl (all cyl) with break cleaner sprayed into the air box. If not something blocked the fuel/air flow in # 4 carb. Do you have fuel in the bowl of carb #4 ???

Last edit: by Scirocco. Reason: Editing to #4, thanks Warren

cilinder not firing 15 May 2019 13:36 #803927

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 655
I think its no 4 thats not firing guys?

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

cilinder not firing 15 May 2019 18:09 #803942

• Sayonara
  • Sayonara's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • The faster the better
  • Thank you received: 1
I took another carb from my brothers bike and 4 cylinders fired straight away and fitted back my 29 and all cylinders fired so def it was the carb, must have been some manufacture defect.
by the time I did the post I have checked spark really well. I will stick with my 29 for now. thanks for your input but to be honest did not have the patience to deal with much of the issue I did open and did not see anything visible.
thanks,
I grew up riding and fixing all sort of small bike until I inherited A 1977 GS 750 when I was 16, that changed my life completely I love metric bike and I own a few fully working and have some projects.

Last edit: by Sayonara.
  • Page: