• Page:

TOPIC:

BS34 O-ring size 03 Mar 2019 17:01 #799639

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Aloha guys.

Does anyone here knows what is the size of o-ring that goes on this vacuum fitting? I went to Partzilla to order this o-ring but it's been discontinued and I don't know the size of it. The o-rings that came on this carb was so brittle, they just crumbled into pieces when I removed them. Rebuild of this carb is almost done except few pieces like these o-rings. For now, I have few o-rings that fit so I'll just use them, but before I fire up the engine, I want to get the correct size so I don't have to take them off once I install them onto the engine.

Help!!

82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BS34 O-ring size 03 Mar 2019 18:27 #799646

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2670
I think they are the same size as the fuel T and transfer tubes.

-10 size or 1.8mm (thick) X 6mm (ID)

BS34 O-ring size 03 Mar 2019 19:14 #799652

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member

Nessism wrote: I think they are the same size as the fuel T and transfer tubes.

-10 size or 1.8mm (thick) X 6mm (ID)

Thanks for quick reply Nessism. But I did compare two tubes before I posted this and the vacuum fitting is slightly smaller than the fuel transfer tube. I do have 4.4 ID o-ring from my o-ring set and it does fit but it's really tight fitting onto the tube and when pushed into the carb body, it doesn't feel right as the tube moves somewhat.

But I do need those o-rings anyway, so will order a bunch soon.
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

BS34 O-ring size 03 Mar 2019 19:54 #799656

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2670
Those short T's are for float bowl vents. Run a length of tubing from the T up to some safe place for the carbs to vent.

BS34 O-ring size 03 Mar 2019 23:25 #799659

• Ojisan rider
  • Sustaining Member

Nessism wrote: Those short T's are for float bowl vents. Run a length of tubing from the T up to some safe place for the carbs to vent.

! Bowl vents! Thanks Nessism! I'm having a senior moment..............................Completely forgot about them. I thought they were some kind of vacuum line.

• Page: