• Page:

TOPIC:

Choke assembly-steel ball and spring 17 Jan 2019 11:55 #796950

• Jim369bikes
  • Jim369bikes's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Good evening everyone.

I have not introduced myself yet as this is my first post; I have bought an 81 z750 that was a bit of a mess. Massive but enjoyable learning curve as not re built engine before. I have spent the last year rebuilding the engine (see photos) I have now moved onto the carbs, cv 34. Stripped cleaned but not quiet re assembled! I have a spring and steel ball that according to the diagram fit somehow into the choke assembly. I can’t work it out. The spring looks too big and there are no others I can see. The manual is little help. I no this is simple if you no what you’re doing!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Choke assembly-steel ball and spring 17 Jan 2019 17:11 #796977

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2673
The spring fits down into a passage in the #2 carb body and the ball sits on top of that. This works as a detent when the choke lever is moved.

The needle and ball fits below the red arrow.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Nessism.

Choke assembly-steel ball and spring 18 Jan 2019 15:05 #797035

• Jim369bikes
  • User
Top man, thank you Nessism,

I have followed your advice, looks ok to me. If I could pick your brains on a couple of other minor re assembly issues I am having it would be appreciated. There was a random spring I found when taking it apart I think it goes between the butterfly linkage, see photo.
Is the attached photo showing the choke spring system correct; it’s not very springy.
Thanks for your time mate

Choke assembly-steel ball and spring 18 Jan 2019 16:23 #797039

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2673
Yes, that spring goes between the throttle shafts.

Your linkage seems okay as near as I can tell from the photo. One thing that's wrong is the small hex head screw that goes in the slot for the choke actuation rod: you have the wrong washer stack arrangement. I believe one washer goes down on the stud on the carb body and then two more washers and a spring washer go on the other side of the lever slot. Hard to describe. Check my album for some photos. And if you double click the photo it blows up really big.

www.flickr.com/photos/18095073@N08/albums/72157667497870814

Choke assembly-steel ball and spring 19 Jan 2019 01:37 #797057

• Jim369bikes
  • User
Yea that washer set up looks very different, looks like I need a plastic one as well. Ok I can look into that. Thanks again for your help.

• Page: