1/4 throttle lean spot

More
28 Oct 2018 02:41 #792915 by Warren3200gt
Replied by Warren3200gt on topic 1/4 throttle lean spot
Can you get a full range of solid blue through to solid orange at 1800 rpm on all 4 carbs using a colourtune?
If not your pilots jets are the wrong size. Dont go over 2k rpm with a colourtune plug in.
Your aiming for full blue then adjusting so your getting just the slightest tinge of orange at tick over on all four carbs.
Or just get full power and easy set up wiith 24's. ;)

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2018 18:05 - 28 Oct 2018 18:10 #792949 by Saablord
Replied by Saablord on topic 1/4 throttle lean spot
Ive been chatting with zed1015 and we got it sorted. redrilling the corrector jets from .5mm to .4mm fixed the 1/4 lean spot and then I had to drop the mains from 105 to 95 because the corrector jets do affect a bit of everything. It runs great now and I'm done messing with the stupid thing haha

hardrockminer wrote: I would be surprised if the needle jet was the fuel restriction at 1/4 throttle. I would expect the pilot jet to be the restriction, or perhaps the needle itself if it's adjustable.

I was looking at the vm manual and going off the diagrams in there. its more above 1/4 throttle than below. I did try going richer with the air screws and didnt get any where.

Can you get a full range of solid blue through to solid orange at 1800 rpm on all 4 carbs using a colourtune?
If not your pilots jets are the wrong size. Dont go over 2k rpm with a colourtune plug in.
Your aiming for full blue then adjusting so your getting just the slightest tinge of orange at tick over on all four carbs.
Or just get full power and easy set up wiith 24's. ;)

The AFRs are good down low. I dont have a colortune plug, but I have checked the plugs before and they were ok.
im not gonna bother with 24s anymore as it runs good now, but in the future... definitely. But, they honestly havent been that bad. The initial tune for a 4-1 and crappy pods was pretty quick. I put the stacks on for fun because I was curious and had a 3D printer ... I was not expecting to have to spend more money on jets, but once you have stacks, you cant go back!
Last edit: 28 Oct 2018 18:10 by Saablord.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.