81 kz650 yellow goop coming from carbs?

• agrestixrock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Jun 2018 07:21 #785970 by agrestixrock
81 kz650 yellow goop coming from carbs? was created by agrestixrock
My 81 kz650 csr H1 has this yellow goop dripping from the carbs. At first I though my petcock was leaking but when I took the lines off it worked as it should, No dripping or anything in the res or on position and gas coming out on the prim setting. I do have my accelerator pump bypassed with a normal float bowl and the nosles going to and from each bowl capped. The only thing I have changed was a new vac line to it and it is decently long. (Pretty big curve) when I took the lines off then put it back on it seemed fine for a day or 2 of no riding then when I rode again it came back. Wondering if my bypass is causing too much fuel flow and it just evaporates leaving the yellow goop or if it's something else. Has anyone else had this issue? Since I got it running I haven't had the carbs balanced as I can't find a 4 port vacuum gauge set to use and don't really have the extra money to have a shop do it. The right side pipe does back fire occasionally and it smokes with the choke on not the left. But the previous owner cut out a small slot where the beauty cover would go wondering if that would cause that issue at all or it is related to the yellow goop issue somehow since the carbs have gas evaporating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.