Dummy...

More
11 Jun 2018 16:35 - 11 Jun 2018 16:36 #784956 by tthunderdan
Dummy... was created by tthunderdan
I have been running the '83 Spectre 1100. It had a stumble or miss anywhere from 5K on up on hard acceleration. I figured from sitting most of winter, (and it ran great last season), it just needed some carb cleaner and a few tanks of gas run thru it. After some star brite, then some marvel mystery oil, and finally some sea foam, and about 6 gallons of gas thru it, it was still there. Still rideable but annoying. I had it sitting out under the porch about a week or so in the spring so I thought I'd check the airbox to see if any critters may have gotten in there. Lo and behold, the air filter was in there backwards, flipped it and she runs like she did last season, doesn't miss a beat and pulls hard. I have switched to the non ethanol fuel on both the Spectre and the KZ1100. The mowers and minibike alsos It is at a gas station about 5 miles away from home and 3.49@gallon. I still wonder why it cost more than ethanol fuel since it has less ingredients in it...
I also just got antique plates and insurance on the Spectre, so legal to go.

Dan from Slippery Rock PA,
83kz1100a
83spectre 1100
75 Yamaha DT400
75 Yamaha DT175
80 Yamaha MX80
81 Suzuki TS100
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jun 2018 16:36 by tthunderdan. Reason: add

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
11 Jun 2018 17:26 - 11 Jun 2018 17:30 #784964 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic Dummy...
So does the Critters or the Gremlins flip your air filter???
3.49@gallon is a steal, we pay in Germany 5,80 Euro@gallon = 6,38 Dollar for the premium and 7,36 dollar for the 102 octane ultimate go-juice! What a INSANE WORLD!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Last edit: 11 Jun 2018 17:30 by Scirocco.

More
12 Jun 2018 06:54 #785003 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Dummy...
Your bike doesn't really care much if you use corn-gas or non-corn-gas but your lawn mower will thank you. Lawn mower carburetors have the "jet" sitting in the bottom of the float bowl. When you unscrew the retaining nut on the bottom, that is also the main jet and gets clogged in a couple days from using corn-gas which draws water and cruds up. I have to clean mine at least once every couple months.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
12 Jun 2018 09:30 #785010 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Dummy...
Corn diluted fuel is the only game in town where I live(Los Angeles area.) Count yourself lucky. And our regular fuel price is $1/gallon over the national average too.

I use marine Stabil in the garage gas can, and the fuel lasts several months before my mower consumes it all. Great stuff.