hello from uruguay carburetor model problem

• elgato41
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • hello
More
31 May 2018 12:02 - 31 May 2018 12:19 #784421 by elgato41
hello consultation I have problem with the model of my carburetors my bike is a kawasaki kz1000 z1r
  the carburetors with MIC and have air mixture screw and fuel mixture screw and the float valve is not threaded is insertion with rubber oring I do not give with the exact model to get a complete repair kit I hope you can help
Last edit: 31 May 2018 12:19 by elgato41.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2018 14:28 #784426 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic hello from uruguay carburetor model problem
I believe those carbs are for a Suzuki gs 1000, the Z1r had 28mm with just an air screw.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
31 May 2018 15:03 #784431 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic hello from uruguay carburetor model problem
I can not tell from your pics, but as kevski indicated the larger Suzuki's did come with Mikuni vm26ss carbs that had both an air screw and a pilot screw. To the best of my knowledge the Zr1 did not have carbs that have both types of screws. Now you are in a different market than us here in the US. Maybe they sold them with these types of carbs in Uruguay. But i have not seen any info to indicate such.

If you are taking them apart to clean/rebuild, I would suggest you look at the size of the pilot jet, the cutaway on the slide and the needle stamping. You can also measure the carb throat where it meets the slide to determine what size carbs you do have.

IIRC there should also be some stamped markings on the carbs, frequently below the choke lever on #1 carb or on the same flange on the outside of carb#4. If they came for a Suzuki the number will begin with a 4.

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

More
02 Jun 2018 05:03 #784504 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic hello from uruguay carburetor model problem
Suzuki VM26s have both air and pilot fuel mixture screws as has been pointed out but the float seat assembly you pictured is from a BS34 and couldn't possibly work on a VM carb body as they have screwed in float seats. In addition, the choke arm shown wasn't used on a Suzuki VM26 with the molded plastic cover on arm end. You took a pic of some numbers on the flange of a carb body where it goes into the bracket. Look on the OTHER SIDE of the rack to get the number there. It will be an ID mark to ident the carbs. Since these numbers don't show well in pictures, clean the flange and just jot down the numbers and I may be able to ident your rack as I have decent documentation on most VM series carburetors.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!