Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mikuni CV34 ID help needed 19 Apr 2018 14:38 #782056

• woodman
  • woodman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Ive got 2 sets of 34mmCV carbs ,I think one is a Suzuki GS1100 set & the other is a KZ1000J. I think the Suzuki set is a wider intake pattern, The KZ is narrower, could someone verify that. Gonna sell them and need to know which is which for sure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikuni CV34 ID help needed 19 Apr 2018 15:10 #782057

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671
I can not confirm what you mention about spacing but there are some obvious visual/functional differences between the KZ and GS versions. For one, the KZ choke is manual and employs a rod that you pull out sideways, parallel to the rack, to actuate. The GS version uses a cable activated choke. Also, the top caps are shaped different between the two sets. One other telling sign is the type of boot for the choke plungers; the GS carbs use a rubber cap so to speak and the KZ uses an accordion boot (that typically tears and falls apart). Last thing is the shape of the floatbowl: KZ carbs have a drain nipple w/sideways screw to open the drain, and GS carbs use a regular screw on the bottom to drain.

Hope this helps.

Mikuni CV34 ID help needed 20 Apr 2018 14:12 #782089

• woodman
  • User
Yes thanks, the KZ set has plastic caps over the diaphragms & the GS has metal ones too I think

Mikuni CV34 ID help needed 22 Apr 2018 14:21 #782181

• woodman
  • User
Wrong again, one set of KZ carbs have plastic caps the other set has aluminum caps

Mikuni CV34 ID help needed 22 Apr 2018 15:55 #782186

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671
If you go to ebay and search for carbs you can see what some of the various BS Mikuni's look like. The Suzuki GS1000 and 1100's all used BS34's. If you post up some photos here I may be able to help as well.

• Page: