Rejetting BS34: Just main and pilot jets?

More
19 Apr 2018 13:51 #782052 by RLBuddi
When rejetting a Mikuni BS34 due to 4 into 1 exhaust and air pod filters, ...is the main and pilot jets the only things to change?? Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
19 Apr 2018 14:05 #782054 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Rejetting BS34: Just main and pilot jets?
Best thing is to get a Dynojet kit. It comes with new main jets, new needles, and most likely a drill for the slide. Pilot jets are left alone with this kit. The needles are one of the key elements because they have more taper than the stock needles and the needles are adjustable. I believe that's why the pilots can be left alone.

Oh, and be sure to get some proper pods like real K&N's, APE pods, or maybe UNI's. Those cheap generic pods like Emgo's are a poor imitation and many people have issues with jetting using them. Plus, they are not cleanable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nebr_Rex

More
20 Apr 2018 05:36 #782075 by RLBuddi
Replied by RLBuddi on topic Rejetting BS34: Just main and pilot jets?
Sounds exactly like the info I was looking for, ....Thanks!!!! This forum rocks!!!!!!

More
20 Apr 2018 08:47 #782083 by ajsfirehawk
Replied by ajsfirehawk on topic Rejetting BS34: Just main and pilot jets?
To expand a bit on Ed's reply, Emgo covers up a portion of the smaller inlets around the edge of the intake bell of the carb of BS34. A buddy bought them and asked me to tune it. I'm not dogging just Emgo. , It is an example of the kinds of things you run into with cheap knockoffs.

79 KZ650 SR
80 KZ1000 Z1 Classic
83 KZ1100 LTD
Z900RS
23 Mach 1

More
25 Apr 2018 17:17 #782366 by RLBuddi
Replied by RLBuddi on topic Rejetting BS34: Just main and pilot jets?
So, this is rather interesting....took the fuel bowls off and discovered 150 stamped on the main jets.....went and got a magnifying glass cuz I thought that can't be right, must be 120's .......NOPE they're 150's!!! No wonder it was blowing a lil smoke and smelled rich.