CV32mm help

More
18 Mar 2018 14:30 #780418 by JohnB1953
CV32mm help was created by JohnB1953
Hello This last fall I picked up a 1980 250 LTD single that had had a neglected life. I do believe it only has 5300 miles on it. I have been working on it all winter and have most of the issues fixed but one. Carb related I have cleaned and sealed the gas tank, new fuel filter lines and air filter fuel shut off. Took the carb off and cleaned it the best I could at the time . It starts and runs but at an idle after about 3 minutes it starts to die but if you tap on the carb lightly it will idle good again for a few moments and then same thing happens The longer it runs the better it does get. It will also drip a drop or two of fuel out the overflow tube but not all the time. I have taken it around the block and runs nice over 2000RPMS. So before I take the carb off I have the following ?. Where is a good place to get parts for the carb, is there a kit one can order with everything needed or best it order parts one by one? I did buy a cheaper ultra sonic Harbor Freight cleaner to clean it better. And lastly is there a measurement for float height instead of the Kawasaki gauge (that I don't have). I do have float height rulers. And any other tips you may have thanks. The pic is after a long winter of work. JohnB

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2018 17:36 #780421 by JohnB1953
Replied by JohnB1953 on topic CV32mm help
Also noticed when I had the carb off the first time I was missing the rubber cap for the pilot jet. is that going to make any difference?

More
09 Apr 2018 09:15 #781534 by Mholtkz400ltd
Replied by Mholtkz400ltd on topic CV32mm help
Yes you need the rubber cap for the pilot system and if you tap on your carb and the idle gets better you have a sticky floaf

More
09 Apr 2018 09:54 #781536 by ajsfirehawk
Replied by ajsfirehawk on topic CV32mm help
Try Z1 Enterprises. They are good. If you don't see what you need, shoot them a message. They turn around a response pretty quickly.

www.z1enterprises.com

79 KZ650 SR
80 KZ1000 Z1 Classic
83 KZ1100 LTD
Z900RS
23 Mach 1