KZ750 Twin Fuel Screw Trouble Shooting

• jimbrickland
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Mar 2018 16:54 #779618 by jimbrickland
KZ750 Twin Fuel Screw Trouble Shooting was created by jimbrickland
Hello KZ Riders,

I have been tinkering with my '76 KZ750B over the winter. A couple weeks ago I got it to start with the kick and it idled pretty well. After that I cleaned the carbs, put some 50 size pilot jets , and put everything back together. I haven't been able to get it to start since I reinstalled the carbs, grips, throttle cable, etc. It seems to have spark, fuel, and compression but obviously something is missing. The kick is strong and the electric start feels good as well. That's why I am guessing it is possibly a fuel mixture issue...

I have read through some of the threads in the past about fuel set screws but I can't tell if I am setting them correctly. I can feel the spring engage but when I back it out a couple turns 1 1/2 give or take 1/2 the fuel mixture screw seems loose. I pulled the plugs and they are a little fouled so I am officially out of my depth. Any tips or tricks for finding a baseline? You guys are always incredibly helpful. Thanks for your time.

1976 KZ750B my one and only
1983 KZ440 LTD my one and only's one and only

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
01 Mar 2018 19:02 - 01 Mar 2018 19:02 #779627 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic KZ750 Twin Fuel Screw Trouble Shooting
Is the bike stock or modded, and if the later what was done? Trying to understand the reason for the 50 pilots? What is the stock size?
Last edit: 01 Mar 2018 19:02 by Nessism.

• jimbrickland
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Mar 2018 20:11 #779629 by jimbrickland
Replied by jimbrickland on topic KZ750 Twin Fuel Screw Trouble Shooting
Hey Nessism,

There is a forum member who has regularly recommended 50's on the old twins. He says they'll run better. I thought for 7 bucks each I would give it a try. That is the only modification.

1976 KZ750B my one and only
1983 KZ440 LTD my one and only's one and only