82 Kz55LTD jets in carbs. pods and straight pipe exhaust

• alexromega
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • first build and lovin it
More
26 Feb 2018 09:11 - 26 Feb 2018 16:05 #779396 by alexromega
Well I got my bike put together and I got her to start but the carbs are having a bad time. I have pods and a straight pipe exhaust on it and she sounds mean.
I can’t have my choke in full open position without the bike bogging out. I have the dynojet stage 3 in it with dj112 jets. The dj112 is the largest size jets that come with the the set. I’m trying to come up with a way to sync these carbs right and I need someone else’s opinion. I called dynajet and they said the Dj112 are the largest they have for the tk22 carbs. What he said didn’t sound kinda right but I’m new to this. I was thinking since the bike has pods and open exhaust I need to compensate for either or. Should just add mufflers on my exhaust? Would that make it easier to synchronize? Or drill the jets to a larger size? Tell me what you think
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Feb 2018 16:05 by alexromega. Reason: Yeah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2018 11:30 #779557 by Saablord
Your wording is confusing. Are you saying that you have to use full choke to keep it running?

Id be real surprised if these weren't large enough as I was running 112 mains and 35 pilots sized jets on a 650 motor with tk22 carbs (long story) and the Air/Fuel Ratio was spot on at 3000ft elevation. I'm guessing your pilots are undersized or your carbs are dirty. What size are your pilot jets?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.