Proper jetting w/stock air box & V&H 4 in1 pipe?

More
16 Oct 2017 18:40 #773091 by Toecutter
Greetings, I just picked up a stock 1977 KZ 1000 LTD with the factory Mikuni VM26SS carbs, stock 4 into 2 pipes and the stock air intake box under the seat. I would like to put on a V & H 4 into 1 pipe while keeping the stock air box intact. I have been reading on here that changing to the individual carb air pods are a pain in da butt, yada yada.... I'm not out for maximum performance, I just want to hear that beautiful pipe singing down the road with me. Would anyone have a similar set up like I mentioned and have the best recommended jets for this?
Thanks very much!

Just acquired a 1977 KZ 1000 LTD after riding Harleys for 30 years. I remembered these bikes back in high school with the Kerker pipe and figured what the heck? A very fun bike!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2017 12:17 #773149 by kevski
Will you be running with a baffled pipe or open if baffled it may need to have the jets go up a size or two, i have B2 with stock carbs and air box also a one off stainless exhaust with a norman hyde harris road baffle not the quietest, and my jetting is mains 107.5 pilots 20 needle 5cn7 on groove 3 pilot screws 1+1/4 turns out,, it runs seemlessly right up through the rev range, as you can see it looks a little different to a standard ltd.
Attachments:

More
17 Oct 2017 12:25 #773153 by Toecutter
Replied by Toecutter on topic Proper jetting w/stock air box & V&H 4 in1 pipe?
HiYa, I forgot to mention the pipe, yes it will be a baffle pipe.

THANKS!

Just acquired a 1977 KZ 1000 LTD after riding Harleys for 30 years. I remembered these bikes back in high school with the Kerker pipe and figured what the heck? A very fun bike!