A couple of carb questions from the UK !

More
14 Sep 2017 13:08 - 14 Sep 2017 13:10 #770908 by Buxvan
Hello fellow stressed out KZ & Z owners!
After replacing my cylinder head which had a hairline crack in it , I've now got everything else back together again.
Yesterday I tried to balance my carbs with a carbtune pro.
I have fitted the restrictors nearest the carbs, made sure all hoses were nice & tight on the carbs. Warmed up the engine. Thing is the rods won't move up the gauges when on tickover. If I get the revs up to about 1,500 then they rise up & I can & did adjust the slides, now all within 2 hg or whatever ever it's called.
Have I done it wrong? . The restrictors are not adjustable.
2 be question, some nice person on this forum did tell me but I've forgotten, what fuel pipes connect to my vacuum fuel tap please. I've only got a Kawasaki manual for the early manual fuel tap model.
Cheers in advance. Ps, bike sounds good & kept my neighbours annoyed for about 20 minutes last night !!!!

Attachment not found

Birth, School, Work, Death !
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 13:10 by Buxvan. Reason: Photo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2017 15:52 - 14 Sep 2017 15:52 #770911 by JR
I use the Morgan Carbtune also and usually have no problem with idle set at 1100 - 1200 but occasionally have had to up idle to approx 1500 or so if the carbs were quite a bit out. I think my Carbtune instructions ( bought maybe 10 years ago) mention turning up the idle speed. You should be ok on that.

I``ll let a 650 owner answer your petcock question

Good luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 15:52 by JR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buxvan

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
14 Sep 2017 16:49 #770916 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic A couple of carb questions from the UK !
Dependent of the carb sync tool it should have a restrictor to quieten down the display pointer.
My BOEHM sync gauges have a restrictor valve to get a smooth value.
The inlet port has a pumping up and down vacuum and it has to flatten with a restictor valve for a mean value.

Attachments:

MVI_1565_2...9-14.avi

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buxvan