BS38 Carbs possibly missing parts

More
14 Jul 2017 08:32 #766917 by ric812
BS38 Carbs possibly missing parts was created by ric812
I just took my carbs apart. BS38 on a 1982 KZ850 twin. Looking at the diagram it appears that most of the slide and needle valve parts are missing. I have attached a picture of what came out of both carbs, and the carb diagram. If I am looking at it correctly then I am missing parts 5 through 10 on the diagram. I am going to contact Z1 to see if they have the parts but I was wondering if it would just be easier to get a set of used carbs? I just want to make sure I am not crazy since this is my first motorcycle carb rebuild.

1982 Kawasaki KZ750M Twin CSR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
14 Jul 2017 13:18 #766939 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic BS38 Carbs possibly missing parts
Sorry but I do not think I can be of great help to you. I have not had many of the BS38s apart, so do not known the answer to your question. I do know that there were some differences between the ones used on the Kaw 750 twins between the years.

I do know that they were also used on other brands. IIRC the Yamaha 650s had them stock and they may of been different internally that those used on the Kaw twins.

Since you have an 82 750 twin, it would appear that someone in the past added these carbs as, again IIRC,the 82s did have BS34s stock. So it could be that the carbs you have are not like the ones in the parts list.

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

More
18 Jul 2017 17:05 #767274 by ric812
Replied by ric812 on topic BS38 Carbs possibly missing parts
I have cleaned these carbs and they idle with the choke on but will not run with the choke off and runs rough when applying any throttle. Please someone help me figure this out. I have bought a set of BS34 carbs that were listed as being from a 1982 Kawasaki CSR Twin since it looks like these were not the original carbs anyway. I just want some advise as to whther it would be worth it to keep working with the BS38 carbs or clean and tune the BS34 carbs.

1982 Kawasaki KZ750M Twin CSR