Golan fuel filter

More
06 Jul 2017 04:53 #766204 by KZB2 650
Golan fuel filter was created by KZB2 650
I know one guy on here that uses one (thanks for the tip Ed) and am wondering if anyone else does...... I went ahead and bit the bullet its (in the mail) as the cheaper filters only getting out 75 microns just doesn't seem like its cutting it as I always seem to find something in the gas when draining it for the winter or when working on them.

Anyone clean theirs yet and seen the junk it removes?

Thinking I plugged the pilots on my carbs I just installed and after another spraying them out and putting them together right away I plan on running the 3 gal of fresh pure gas I have in the tank through it and then rinsing it real good and am hoping I'll be good to go. Was thinking I rinsed the tank but thinking about it I'm pretty sure I've just oiled it up for winter and put fresh gas in it in the spring for 3 or 4 years now. Might a let the carbs sit in my room after cleaning em too long also and picked up some lint, hair and junk that way too even though I covered em each time.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.