Tear in Diaphram

• Ryandavis1555
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 May 2017 07:00 #762551 by Ryandavis1555
Tear in Diaphram was created by Ryandavis1555
I recently took apart my carburetor due to the fact that the bike stopped running recently. I noticed I have a tear in the diaphragms, could this be why the bike is not starting, or would the bike still start and simply run poorly?

Bike was running for about a week, then just stopped turning over one day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2017 07:17 - 23 May 2017 07:18 #762553 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Tear in Diaphram

Ryandavis1555 wrote: I recently took apart my carburetor due to the fact that the bike stopped running recently. I noticed I have a tear in the diaphragms, could this be why the bike is not starting, or would the bike still start and simply run poorly?

Yes. The 1981 KZ250-D2 has a single cylinder engine with a single CV type carb, so any damage to that carb can prevent the engine from starting. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 23 May 2017 07:18 by 650ed.

More
25 May 2017 08:13 #762692 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Tear in Diaphram

Ryandavis1555 wrote: I recently took apart my carburetor due to the fact that the bike stopped running recently. I noticed I have a tear in the diaphragms, could this be why the bike is not starting, or would the bike still start and simply run poorly?

Reasoning that the slides in full down position aren't being influenced by diaphragm action, my guess is that the torn diaphragm would not prevent the engine from starting and idling. But that the torn diaphragm is leaking enough to prevent lifting the slide as it's supposed to when the throttle is opened.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1