mikuni carbs-identification

More
15 Mar 2017 13:20 #756813 by gnfreak
mikuni carbs-identification was created by gnfreak
Hi all, finally getting around to selling off some cycle stuff left over from my 1980 Classic that was sold couple years back. I had bought this set of carbs a few years ago to replace the fuel injection on the Classic. The F.I. never really failed me so these carbs sat on my computer desk until now. I changed the jetting to hopefully be close to the kz1000 specs and at least wrote down the jet size and the pilot jet sizes (120 main, 20 jet) but cant remember if I changed the needle position. I believe I bought these as vm28 carbs and the measurement in pic below confirms the intake bore to be just over 28mm. it has single fuel inlet, 3 of the 4 carbs have what I'm guessing to be vent nipples, and diagonal drains on bottom of float covers. Unfortunately no big hex drain bolt. LOL all carbs have the marking 110 over 9 on motor side flange (see pic). Sorry for the long-winded post but I want to know what I really have for sale.

Normal, IL
1980 KZ1000-G1 Classic - Sold
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2017 16:19 #756829 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic mikuni carbs-identification
28mm Z1R or MK2 carbs.
I presume they only have the air mix screw on the side and not also a fuel mix screw at the underside front of the float bowl.
If they had both they would be Suzuki GS1000.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

More
15 Mar 2017 18:58 #756844 by gnfreak
Replied by gnfreak on topic mikuni carbs-identification
no fuel mix screws on the bottom. thanks for the info!

Normal, IL
1980 KZ1000-G1 Classic - Sold