KZ750b carb fuel bowl replacements or total new c

More
04 Mar 2017 10:15 - 04 Mar 2017 15:46 #755768 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic KZ750b carb fuel bowl replacements or total new c

I think my apprehension lies more in the dialing in after I rebuild more than anything? ....

There isn't that much that you have to do. Before removing the pilot adjusting screws, screw them in gently all the way until they just seat, counting the number of turns in, note the number, then remove them. Then use that number as a base setting. you may have to adjust them later. If there are grooves on the jet needles, note which groove has the clip. There's also the carburetor synchronization.

In addition to the diagrams at partzilla, eebbaayy photos can be handy.

I got a pair of JIS screwdrivers from RJR Cool Tools. expensive, but they are nice. I also have a cheapo metric T-handle driver set from Sears. I don't know if they're JIS, but the bits fit the Kawasaki fasteners pretty good.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2017 15:46 by martin_csr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: razorblade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2017 10:43 #755769 by Nessism
The pilot screws must come out to do a proper cleaning job. When you remove them you also gotta remove the spring/washer/O-ring down in the tunnel. A piece of wire with a hook bent on one end works well. You gotta be careful to gather these parts together and not lose them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: razorblade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.