• Page:

TOPIC:

76 kz900, popping while running. 09 Jul 2006 11:53 #60495

• ran429
  • ran429's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
I tore the Carbs apart the other day to clean and beautify the guts, when i reassembled them and remounted, I get Alot of popping out the Carbs and exhaust.
followed by raw unburned fuel out #1-4, 2-3 fire clean and beautiful. but #1-4 ar horrible. Cant hook my vacuum gages to the Carbs right now because my hoses on them dried out and fell apart for some reason (and they were in my shed!)

I also dug into the timing advance unit, I found it frozen with old lubricants so I tore it off and cleaned it up again. Now it doesn't pop as badly.

I hooked my charger up to the bike and started it, Kept the charger at 2amp trickle while running, not as much popping. i could start without a charger on 2 am but have a draw on voltage from somewhere so the battery doesn't get anything from the stator.

so on the carbs, the adjusting points to the right of the slide and to the left on the other side, I turn these in all the way to barely snug and back out 2 turns?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

76 kz900, popping while running. 09 Jul 2006 12:13 #60501

• wireman
  • Visitor
i could be wrong but im thinking 1 1/4 turns,but we all know what happens when i start thinking about carbonaters:S :whistle: :P wait till it gets dark go up on your roof with a halogen light point it into the sky basically southeast towards the gulf of mexico ,and then hold a set of carbs up in front of it so you can see the outline of the carbs in the sky(low budget version of that the light batman A.K.A Tganek uses:whistle: :P )and the great one will answer!;) if all else fails E-mail him.:evil:

76 kz900, popping while running. 10 Jul 2006 06:14 #60693

• patmann
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Just a wild thought ( aren't all mine ?? ) But have you checked the coil or pickup to #1 & #4 ??
Seems mine did the same thing all the time. I changed over to the Dyna S and new Dyna wires and it was all but gone. Until the Dyna went south, and I'm using my Martek again. Now it does do it again but it doesn't seem as much. I can't remember it doing it at all after I switched to the Dyna S and new Dyna wires..
Again just a thought..
Pat

Post edited by: patmann, at: 2006/07/10 09:14
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

• Page: