Tuning

More
14 Oct 2016 10:27 - 14 Oct 2016 10:33 #745228 by Hamman
Tuning was created by Hamman
Got the old 750LTD up and running. All new electrics. Stator, rectifier, dyna S ignition, coils, m-unit. Good stuff. Bike starts and idles great! Can blip the throttle and has a nice crips ring and comes right back to a good idle. The problem is when I go to take off or riding. When I take off, I have to give it quit a bit of throttle. Also below 1/2 throttle its really boggy. Also when WOT it kinda feels like it cuts in/out. I can get it up to 70-75 no problem, but I can definitely tell its not all there. I have the K&N pods, 4-1 exhaust. Fuel screw turned 2 turns out. Pilots were drilled out by previous owner to 38's. Needles all at stock heights. Have done multiple plug chops. Always very black and rich looking. Seems like I am getting way to much gas. Jetting is at 70 mains 140 secondary's as many have done with this setup. Float height is set at 4mm below body. If you crack the throttle open quit a few times I get some faint black smoke out of the pipe. Does this seem like a WAY TOO RICH problem? Simply cannot figure out how to lean this guy out. Its like its getting too much gas..Thanks guys. You all ROCK! :P

1981 KZ750LTD H2
Last edit: 14 Oct 2016 10:33 by Hamman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2016 17:11 #745250 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Tuning
Get a Dynojet kit. They provide new jets and needles. No need to up the size of the pilots. That's most likely part of the problem.

More
15 Oct 2016 15:21 #745288 by Hamman
Replied by Hamman on topic Tuning
Got it. Looked like PO had dyna kit in it? Was able to lower the needles down to lean it out. Mutha F'r mooooooves now! First gear clutch wheelie this big boy! Thanks

1981 KZ750LTD H2