84' GPZ 550 jet size

More
27 Aug 2016 19:05 #740189 by Wpala
84' GPZ 550 jet size was created by Wpala
Hi New to this forum i was looking through topics and couldn't find it what is the size of the jets I was just cleaning them ( have issue with high RPM at idling going up and slowly down and up again) found the leak in the boots but since I had to remove the carbs to change the boots I though my as well clean the carbs I have ultrasonic cleaner, on close inspection mu jets are 114 I have read somewhere that 92 are standard, maybe the previous owner was trying to put the pods in and was re-jetting them but I"m not sure anyone with the info please chime in I would appreciate it !
Thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2016 22:19 - 27 Aug 2016 22:27 #740203 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 84' GPZ 550 jet size

Wpala wrote: Hi New to this forum i was looking through topics and couldn't find it what is the size of the jets I was just cleaning them ( have issue with high RPM at idling going up and slowly down and up again) found the leak in the boots but since I had to remove the carbs to change the boots I though my as well clean the carbs I have ultrasonic cleaner, on close inspection mu jets are 114 I have read somewhere that 92 are standard, maybe the previous owner was trying to put the pods in and was re-jetting them but I"m not sure anyone with the info please chime in I would appreciate it !
Thanks
Paul

Hello, Paul, and WELCOME to KZrider! :cheer:

I believe the stock jet sizes are #114 main and #34 pilot.
But note that Z1 Enterprises lists the carb kit with #32 pilot.
Click here > www.z1enterprises.com/product/KL18-2461

Here are some links furnished courtesy of KZr member loudhvx:

Kz550 manuals.
Kz550 valve train warning.
HEI igniter mod.
Kz550 TK-22 carbs.
Kz550 clutch adj.
Kz550 speed/RPM calc.

Mattylight bare bones.
[/quote]

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 27 Aug 2016 22:27 by Patton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wpala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.