Mikuni bs32ss

More
25 Jul 2016 07:57 #736150 by MrMower
Mikuni bs32ss was created by MrMower
Hi all,I'm wondering if it's possible to fit mikuni bs32ss carbs to my '82 kz750e? I've got major problems with my keihins but do have a set of the above mikunis, thanks all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
25 Jul 2016 09:50 - 25 Jul 2016 09:53 #736163 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Mikuni bs32ss
Those BS32's would run fine once you got the jetting sorted, but I'm not sure if they would mount up to the engine and airbox without some mods. For example, the stock 750 rubber runner boots that are attached to the head may be a different size than those needed for those carbs, and same thing for the back and attachment to the airbox. Some later 650's used those BS32's so maybe the boots will transfer onto your 750?

And then off course you have to deal with jetting. Good luck with that.

What's wrong with your keihin's? I've done quite a bit of work on those CV34's so if you describe the problem I may be able to help.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 09:53 by Nessism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMower

More
25 Jul 2016 10:12 #736167 by MrMower
Replied by MrMower on topic Mikuni bs32ss
My problem could be twofold,I took her for her first run after a restoration to see if there were any issues,she ran fine but the next morning there was a major petrol smell and I discovered petrol dripping from the airbox,I took the tank off and was going to see if it was a float height problem, when the tank was on the bench petrol was still dripping from the petcock in the on position, I then thought that could be the issue but would that cause it to flow into the airbox when it's not running? Anyway back to the 34's when I dismantled carb number 4 the jet under the plug is all messed up....and float heights are confusing when I read how to check them,I'm going to persevere and try the clear tube method but I'm getting to think carbs may be beyond my expertise :(

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
25 Jul 2016 11:41 #736178 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Mikuni bs32ss
I would check the petcock to make sure there is no fuel flowing when the lever is set to RUN or ON unless there is vacuum pulling on the diaphragm. Basically, there should be no fuel flowing when the engine is off unless the lever is set to PRIME, and it shouldn't be other than to fill the floatbowls. Also, make sure fuel is not backflowing down the vacuum line and into the carbs that way.

Regarding the airbox filling with fuel when the bike is parked, the only way that can happen is if the petcock is allowing fuel to flow when the engine is off. The issue is two fold too, namely in that the float needles are not sealing. You may want to change the needles as a presumptive action. You can get K&L needles from Amazon.l

More
25 Jul 2016 12:44 #736186 by moneypit
Replied by moneypit on topic Mikuni bs32ss
One thing to check as well. Make sure no gas got into the crankcase. If it smells of gas, it needs an oil change.
If its filling the airbox its possible its in the oil.

2-76 kz900
St Paul MN

More
25 Jul 2016 12:51 #736187 by MrMower
I've bought new float needles and bowl gaskets,a petcock repair kit and I'll put them all on this weekend, I'll dump the oil too while I'm at it....the fork seals are knackered too so that's another job,many thanks for the replies,I'll get there in the end!

More
28 Aug 2016 16:25 #740285 by RandomKZ650
Replied by RandomKZ650 on topic Mikuni bs32ss
How's it coming ?

77 kz650 C1

More
29 Aug 2016 02:58 #740355 by MrMower
I managed to get a local breakers to part out a bike so I bought the carbs off that,I have them all cleaned up and back on the bike and that's as far as I've got! Hopefully going to get some time this weekend to do clear tube and sync them if all is well :)

More
29 Aug 2016 08:02 #740382 by RandomKZ650
You got another set of the keihins ? Or are the 32 mikunis the ones you Got from the breakers ?

77 kz650 C1

More
29 Aug 2016 09:12 #740385 by MrMower
It's an identical set of keihin cv34's but in better condition, I've swapped a few things around (float bowls were better on the old set etc) so hopefully I've got 1 good set and an ok spare set

More
29 Aug 2016 11:00 #740397 by RandomKZ650
Ahh nice do tforget to set the float height using the wet method. Don't feel overwhelmed when doing things, we all started somewhere lol and are here for any advice you may need

77 kz650 C1