82 kz750 CSR (twin) carb shenanigans too

More
25 May 2016 08:56 - 26 May 2016 05:28 #728450 by kz1r78
Hey...I've got the same bike...not nearly as good looking...also the guy who worked on the carbs before me must be your guy's cousin...anyway...I've got the cheap pods, but what made the difference (after everything else was sorted out) was a dyno-jet kit...runs great...really...z-1 enterprises has them...read the Canadian thing also...just went with the kit cause it was easier to get....one side note, if I had to do it over again...I don't know if I would drill the carbs...at low rpm, around 2000rpm...on back roads etc....it deccelerates quickly when trying to cruise there...under acceleration, no problem...just cruising there...I think it's normal for the carb set-up...but I believe it would be a smoother transition to your pilot system without the hole drilled.....also,these carbs/engine really like to be synced...
Last edit: 26 May 2016 05:28 by SWest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2016 04:06 #728607 by Skullcrusher
Replied by Skullcrusher on topic 82 kz750 CSR (twin) carb shenanigans
I generally don't use jet kits, they're kind of a waste of money if you can get the tribal knowledge online. Carb jets are cheap. Jet kits are expensive. Over the years ive amassed a collection of jets from tuning different bikes. If what i need isn't there, either my buddies or the speed shop up the road have what I'm looking for, if that fails, I buy online.

Did you seriously start a new thread with the exact same topic as my thread?

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

Bikes: 82 kz750 CSR, 03 Suzuki gsf1200s (stage 2), 73 CB 750 bored to 849, big cam, ports head, big valves, lots of other goodies....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.