750 twin carb rebuild

More
26 Apr 2016 08:37 #723045 by B1bomber
750 twin carb rebuild was created by B1bomber
Hey all, I just picked up my first kz, a 1976 kz750 i got at auction for cheap. however its in poor condition and will require a lot of work to get back on the road. first thing im trying to do is rebuild the carbs and get the engine running and I cant find any solid info (preferably with pictures) on teardown and cleaning specific to these mikuni carbs. I am an automotive mechanic however carbs are not my specialty. Any links or info anyone could throw my way would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2016 12:55 - 26 Apr 2016 12:56 #723098 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic 750 twin carb rebuild
The factory manual is mandatory. The carbs should be BS-38 type. The jets are in the float bowl which can be removed with carbs in place with the right screwdriver. The vacuum pistons come out the top side. Check the rubber diaphragms for any holes or slits that would leak air.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 26 Apr 2016 12:56 by bountyhunter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B1bomber

More
26 Apr 2016 16:00 #723127 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic 750 twin carb rebuild
I would add the carbs are a major pain to remove and replace with old rubbers. Most everything you need to do can be done on the bike if you remove the gas tank and coil and have short enough screwdrivers Both main jet and pilot are in the float bowl. The pistons and needles come off the top. You can easily drop the floats, needles and seats as well.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
The following user(s) said Thank You: B1bomber