Bs 34s jet kit drilling out the intake air blead

More
24 Apr 2016 08:25 #722655 by harleeblue
I built a 1134 Gpz 1100 ported with 12.5.1 pistons stock cams stock carbs and I got a Dino jet kit and it comes with a drill bit to drill out the air bleed jet on the air cleaner side of the carbs? My question is should I do this and what does it do? If a drill it there's no fixing it if it's wrong

bradley frantz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2016 08:55 #722658 by daveo
Entertained that mod more than once, but each time I lamented the idea of permanently altering a great set of carbs.
The BS34's work great on my somewhat modified engine, but only after jumping up to 40 pilots and 132.5 main jets.
Once a drill bit spins out the air jets, its over and there's no going back. :pinch:

1982 KZ1100-A2

More
24 Apr 2016 09:23 - 24 Apr 2016 09:27 #722663 by Patton

harleeblue wrote: I built a 1134 Gpz 1100 ported with 12.5.1 pistons stock cams stock carbs and I got a Dino jet kit and it comes with a drill bit to drill out the air bleed jet on the air cleaner side of the carbs? My question is should I do this and what does it do? If a drill it there's no fixing it if it's wrong

Would guess that the new Dino pilot jet is a larger size that requires more air than the stock size air bleed jet is able to provide for optimum performance of the pilot circuit.

Sometimes a too large jet orifice can be filled with solder and re-drilled. Precise drill sizes are of course needed.

One criticism of drilling jets is that the original contour of the orifice is destroyed (as could be applicable to a jet where the orifice contour might be critical to design of the jet). Should be able to see the stock orifice contour with the naked eye in order to compare it with the lack of contour which will likely be created by the simplistic drilling of a hole.

That said, many folks report satisfactory results with Dino kits.

May be worthwhile checking to see whether or not replacement stock air bleed jets are relatively inexpensive and readily available.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 24 Apr 2016 09:27 by Patton.

More
24 Apr 2016 14:48 #722714 by harleeblue
Replied by harleeblue on topic Bs 34s jet kit drilling out the intake air blead
I drilled it out I let you know if it works thanks .

bradley frantz

More
24 Apr 2016 15:14 #722720 by Nessism
You are talking about drilling out the hole in the slide right? That mod is common on Dynojet kits to increase the vacuum signal pulling the slide open.

More
08 May 2016 14:07 #725220 by harleeblue
Replied by harleeblue on topic Bs 34s jet kit drilling out the intake air blead
Yes sir works good .thanks man

bradley frantz