Tk27 carbs, leaking #3 and #4

More
10 Apr 2016 07:30 #720165 by MadShad
Tk27 carbs, leaking #3 and #4 was created by MadShad
I've got a set of tk27's that I've adjusted the floats on about 15 times.
Seem no matter what I do i get fuel running out of #3 and #4. I've got an old set of factory needles and seats as well as a new set of aftermarket ones. The result is the same, always leaking from 3 and 4.

I'm going to go mess with it again, change floats aroind to see if I can get the issue to follow the parts, whole I'm doing that I figured i throw this out to the KZ collective as I have no experience with these carbs or cv carbs in general.

Shelbyville, Indiana. '80 KZ1000
No more of that talk or I'll put the leeches on you, understand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2016 13:00 #720205 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Tk27 carbs, leaking #3 and #4
So is it actually dripping or just pooling under bowl outsides

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
10 Apr 2016 20:10 #720251 by MadShad
Replied by MadShad on topic Tk27 carbs, leaking #3 and #4
It was running out like there was nothing there to stop it, pouring out.

I spent the entire day with these carbs, I've had them apart a dozen or so times. I've got the leak stopped, the needle was getting caught up in the seat. There was a indent in the float tangs where the needle rides and it was cocking the needle sideways as the floats rose up and the bowls filled. It's either poured out or didn't leak at all.
I noticed if I whacked the bowl with a screwdriver it would stop leaking, if I drained the bowls and let the floats bottom out then turned the fuel back on it would pour out again until whacked with something and then it would stop.

So I polished the needles, inside of the seat and sanded the tang down to a flat surface and polished it up as well.

Now my only problem (I hope) is that my fuel level is set to low after adjusting it lower and lower over the course of the day trying to get the leak tracked down. Tomorrow night I will once again pull the carbs off the bike and adjust the float for what I hope will be the final time...

Shelbyville, Indiana. '80 KZ1000
No more of that talk or I'll put the leeches on you, understand?

More
11 Apr 2016 12:27 #720383 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic Tk27 carbs, leaking #3 and #4
Good One Madshad always great when you figure these things out for your self - put that fix in the data bank mate
I set mine a mm or so under what is recommended unless you are going full throttle all the time ;)

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.