How to remove main nozzle

More
20 Mar 2016 16:24 - 21 Mar 2016 06:52 #716386 by akolleth
How to remove main nozzle was created by akolleth
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI may, or may not have trashed a carb body on my KZ750 h trying to get a buggered air mixture scew out. :whistle: Yeah, that carb body is ruined.

Long story short, I found a replacement body on Ebay for a reasonable amount. But the body is stripped clean. Should not be a problem as I have my damaged one to pillage parts from . But I ran into an issue. How in the world do I get the main nozzle out? Its under the main jet. I can't see any kind of threads based on the pics I have seen of them. The one I bought from Ebay has it removed, but I can't see how to remove it from my "donor" carb body. Its part number 10 in the following diagram

www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Kawasaki/...'80+H1%29/parts.html

Here is what one looks like outside of the carb

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very, very brightly Roy.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 06:52 by akolleth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2016 06:50 - 21 Mar 2016 06:53 #716493 by akolleth
Replied by akolleth on topic How to remove main nozzle
Found this pic here- You can see it well what I am asking about. The main nozzle is set in place inside the tube marked primary main jet. The primary main jet sits on top of it in the tube.

I am wondering about the small round pin looking thing on the tube, could it be a set pin? In the ebay item above you can see a hole in the nozzle that could correspond with that round pin.

www.kzrider.com/media/kunena/attachments/43231/Carbinnards.jpg

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very, very brightly Roy.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 06:53 by akolleth.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
21 Mar 2016 06:57 #716495 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic How to remove main nozzle
Looks like 7 is the nozzle, 8 is the emulsion tube and 9 is the jet. The one on eBay looks different. Try jetsRus and see what they have.
It looks like the nozzle unscrews by the one blow up.
Steve

More
21 Mar 2016 09:51 - 21 Mar 2016 09:52 #716533 by H1Vindicator
Replied by H1Vindicator on topic How to remove main nozzle
pin? don't know. #10 is probably press fit into the orifice & would then have to be pressed out. possibly visible if you remove the top cap & diaphragm/slide.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 09:52 by H1Vindicator.

More
21 Mar 2016 10:24 - 21 Mar 2016 10:29 #716538 by akolleth

swest wrote: Looks like 7 is the nozzle, 8 is the emulsion tube and 9 is the jet. The one on eBay looks different. Try jetsRus and see what they have.
It looks like the nozzle unscrews by the one blow up.
Steve

Actually I am talking about part 10. 10 is what I am showing on Ebay and is somehow pressed in to the tube?? 11 is the primary jet and just unscrews out. Unfortunately on the replacement body I bought they have taken 10 out and I can't figure out how to get my part 10 out of the donor body.

Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 10:29 by akolleth.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
21 Mar 2016 10:55 #716544 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic How to remove main nozzle
You'll have to make a drift that fits inside it so when you tap on it, it won't destroy the tube. A little heat would help it come out easier.
Steve

More
21 Mar 2016 16:26 - 21 Mar 2016 16:27 #716609 by akolleth

swest wrote: You'll have to make a drift that fits inside it so when you tap on it, it won't destroy the tube. A little heat would help it come out easier.
Steve

Thanks, that did the trick. Used a punch to gently tap it out, it was just stuck in there, no set pins or the like. I was afraid to use a punch on it since its brass but I figured I knew where to buy a replacement worse case if I did mess it up. I was gentle and it came out just fine. :lol:

Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 16:27 by akolleth.