have a carb leak

More
02 Mar 2016 08:52 #713433 by blink543
have a carb leak was created by blink543
my kz650 carbs are leaking at the T fitting.

Adam james

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2016 13:19 - 02 Mar 2016 13:37 #713477 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic have a carb leak
Click here > fuel pipe joint at Z1E

Or another option -- Might be able to tighten the joints by wrapping with Teflon tape (yellow is slightly more fuel proof than white).

If the leak in this area began after adding fuel to a carb that's been dry for quite some time, it might self-cure after a day or so exposure to fuel which sometimes allows the o-rings to swell a little, especially with a joint that has integrated raised ridges instead of separate o'rings.

I don't know if any of the K650 models had the following style fuel pipe joints:

[See my subsequent post showing how members may add a specific model to their signatures.]

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2016 13:37 by Patton.

More
02 Mar 2016 13:22 #713478 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic have a carb leak
Have you dismantled carbs before ?

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

More
02 Mar 2016 13:30 #713480 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic have a carb leak
Including information about bike year and model is helpful to viewers and usually elicits better responses.

It's easy to put the information in your signature where it shows in all posted messages, past and future.

And the signature may be changed whenever and as often as desired.

If wanting a signature showing information about the bike in posted messages, it's easy to do.

Here's how:

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2016 14:18 #713492 by blink543
Replied by blink543 on topic have a carb leak

Patton wrote: Click here > fuel pipe joint at Z1E

Or another option -- Might be able to tighten the joints by wrapping with Teflon tape (yellow is slightly more fuel proof than white).

If the leak in this area began after adding fuel to a carb that's been dry for quite some time, it might self-cure after a day or so exposure to fuel which sometimes allows the o-rings to swell a little, especially with a joint that has integrated raised ridges instead of separate o'rings.

I don't know if any of the K650 models had the following style fuel pipe joints:

[See my subsequent post showing how members may add a specific model to their signatures.]

I ended up ordering that exact part. I don't wanna wrap it in teflon and find out it leaks again

Adam james

More
03 Mar 2016 12:37 #713638 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic have a carb leak
Good move

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.