GPZ900R A8 Hesitation

More
13 Nov 2015 20:40 #698574 by razmo99
GPZ900R A8 Hesitation was created by razmo99
HI,

Just need some advice on getting this bike to run good.

Some history

It has been siting since 2001 with gas in carbs.
Pulled carbs and all passages were stuck and gummed up with old fuel/varnish.Carb
Manifold rubbers look good and are still supple.
Has spark and new plugs
Has good compression
currently has 18k kilometer
next valve adjustment is at 20k kilometers.

I have gotten the bike to start after the first clean.
Didn't seem to be running on all cylinders and would go above idle. IT was noisy as shit because of this.

Pulled the carbs again and gave them another clean all passages seemed to be clear the diahprams are not ripped and are making a nice whoosh whoosh sound when pushed up, they return smoothly on their own.

I have replaced all needles with 3 OEM's and an after market one. Set the float height correctly
The idle jets are all 35's
cyl 1 & 4 main's are 100 (Stock mains are 100's)
Cyl 2 & 3 main's are 105 (Might have been changes so it runs cooler)
Fuel screw is 1.5 turns out.

Currently the bike starts easily and will idle it is a bit rough it wont go above 4k rpm it will just stop and almost die out then if you keep going will kinda push past it to about 6k having gotten further that that.

I have taken it around the block and it is quite smooth when riding at about 3k and has all gears and feels solid.

I know that the cvk34carbs has different circuits for different rpm ranges and was wondering if this means i still have a circuit blocked on one or more of mt carbs.

Currently I am thinking of ultrasonically cleaning all the carbs just to rule them out.
What are your thoughts?

Attachment IMG_0937.jpg not found

Attachment IMG_0938.jpg not found

Attachment IMG_0939.jpg not found

Attachment IMG_0940.jpg not found

- Z500 B4
-GPZ900R A9-10 ish
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.