Throttle Return/Decel/Close Cabel

More
25 Oct 2015 12:19 #695920 by DSchneid
Throttle Return/Decel/Close Cabel was created by DSchneid
Hey all,

I am working on a '75 KZ400 (avatar image) and I am am trying to figure out the throttle. I attempted to install 2 throttle cables (Link below) I purchased. However, I cannot get the return throttle in place, There is not enough slack in the standard throttle cable (4") to wrap the reverse direction of the carb (see Pic Attached) and attach to the throttle controller. Many of the threads here say that you do not a return cable, but my carb spring isn't strong enough and my throttle is hanging.

So either:

A) I am not installing correctly.
B) There is a different cable I am supposed to be using and I cannot find the part number or find it on ebay... Suggestions?

Throttle Cable: www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?i...KZ550&item=TU06-3110
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2015 12:33 - 26 Oct 2015 02:22 #695922 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Throttle Return/Decel/Close Cabel
Motion Pro cables are kinda universal fit & may not work in all applications. Do you have the original cables for comparison? The part numbers can be found at Kawasaki.com or Partzilla. Stock, one of the cables may be longer than the other &/or may have more slack. If the barrel adjusters are turned in all the way & there still isn't enough slack, then that's most likely the problem --- not enough slack. I ran into this exact same problem on my 81 650. doh.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2015 02:22 by martin_csr.

More
25 Oct 2015 12:37 - 25 Oct 2015 12:40 #695923 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Throttle Return/Decel/Close Cabel

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 314. Please enable debug mode for more information.

More
25 Oct 2015 12:42 #695925 by DSchneid
Replied by DSchneid on topic Throttle Return/Decel/Close Cabel
Got it. Thanks!

More
25 Oct 2015 15:01 #695940 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic Throttle Return/Decel/Close Cabel
To adjust them, leave alot of slack on the return cable, adjust the pull cable until you get the proper freeplay. Next, tighten the return cable only just before it slows down the pull cable but you still get the "snap" of the throttle closing. If the return cable is too tight, you wont get a positive throttle return.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125