putting pod filters on carbs

• Girlfromthenorth
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Sep 2015 11:36 #689777 by Girlfromthenorth
putting pod filters on carbs was created by Girlfromthenorth
totally lost in the process, very very new to motorcycle mechanics, kz550 ltd (1980) anyone have step by step with photos? please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2015 12:21 #689782 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic putting pod filters on carbs
I don't know of a set of step by step instructions, but plan on becoming intimately familiar with your carbs since they will require rejetting.

Don't throw the stock airbox and its parts away, just in case you aren't able to find a jetting combination that enables the engine to run as well with pods as it does with the airbox. If you do get it running well you can always sell the airbox on eBay as there are folks out there with pods who want to switch back. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Girlfromthenorth

• Girlfromthenorth
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Sep 2015 12:45 #689784 by Girlfromthenorth
Replied by Girlfromthenorth on topic putting pod filters on carbs
I have that part all on, not the jetting yet but I don't know where to put the gas lines and the hose that goes into the top of the airbox, and where the stem connects from the engine to the airbox, it's just open now, my friend said something about connecting carbs 1 and 4?
Attachments:

More
12 Sep 2015 13:18 #689786 by nickleo373
Replied by nickleo373 on topic putting pod filters on carbs
That hose is part of an emissions system that is useless without the air box. You can remove the entire system and run a hose between the ports on top of the valve cover and cap the ports on your intake boots. You can either add a hose or filter attaching to the crankcase breather (most people prefer the hose)

1981 KZ550C LTD
"If you ain't first, you're last"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Girlfromthenorth