CSR750 (KZ750M1) - Airbox boot clamp order?

More
26 Apr 2015 19:14 #669696 by n9viw
Well, now that the weather's good and warm (and has been for a bit), I'm trying to chisel out enough time to work on my bikes so MAYBE I can ride this season. I hate not having a garage! Since I only have a tarp-covered shed to store the bike in, I can't take care of things like this during the winter like normal people.

I'm trying to fit the airbox boots back on the bike, and for the life of me I can't figure out how the heck they go on! The diagram at CMSNL is here: www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1982-kz750-m1-csr...st/6498.html#results , but it doesn't say in what order the pieces go!

I know the plastic ring (#13091A) goes on the outside of the box, and the metal ring (#13091B) goes inside the box, but beyond that, I'm stumped. The boot has two flanges on it, creating a gap between them, but I don't know if the plastic ring fits in that gap, with one flange in front and one behind, or if the airbox wall itself goes in that gap, with the plastic ring in front of both flanges and the metal ring behind them.

Does anyone have an airbox'd CSR750 they can take a couple pics and show how this business goes back together? Also, how the heck do I cram em in there when the carbs are totally in the way? If I take the carbs off, I can't fit them back into the carb boots because the airbox boots are in the way!

HELP!!!

Nick

1982 KZ750M1 (CSR750), aka "Bat Outta Hell"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2015 10:22 #671379 by n9viw
Nobody? Seriously? That's sad.

Incidentally, on my own I figured out that the plastic ring goes in between the flanges with both flanges outside the airbox, and the metal ring goes inside the airbox.

Now, GETTING it there... that's being a great big PITA, but I'm sure I'll sort it on my own, thanks anyway. ;)

Nick

1982 KZ750M1 (CSR750), aka "Bat Outta Hell"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.