Pod setup on a 550 LTD

More
16 Apr 2015 06:30 #668178 by apbling
Pod setup on a 550 LTD was created by apbling
Hi All,
I spent a few hours yesterday researching pods on a 550 with the TK22 slide carbs. I found a few posts that come close to the setup I want - stock exhaust w/ emgo pods. I looked extensively at Lou's posts too. I'm not too shabby at carb jetting and tuning, but having a proper starting point helps a ton.

I'm thinking once I get my new motor humming nicely with the stock setup to ensure everything is up to par, I'll attempt the pods. I have oodles of extra stock jets and adjustable needles. From what I can see for my setup (which was limited - many folks have aftermarket pipe) if I go from a 92 main to a 94 or 96 and raise the needle one spot that's a good starting spot. Maybe one size smaller on the pilot, which it appears you do AFTER you get the main and needle position figured out. Maybe someone that has my exact setup can chime in and tell me what they found works for them?

I know pods aren't the best for this, that and the other, but this bike is my sunday rider and occasional trip to work. It never see's and will never see rain, especially if I have pods. Most of the riding is county highways in the country, so not much stop and go. I just love the clean look of the pods and the ease of removal vs the airbox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.