Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

About to take my carbs off for a cleaning. 06 Jul 2006 19:03 #59776

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well i got my bike fired up and she sounds like a beast. The carbs are about to be removed and cleaned(first carb cleaning i have done)What i was wondering is there anything you people would recomend? I am fairly mechanical and can handle pretty much anything. the bowls were not drained so i am thinking thats gonna be one of the issues. When she fired up gas dumped out of one of the carbs but i'm not sure wich one.Any advice would be GREATFULLY appreciated.Btw had no clue how loud a open header was until now.:unsure: :S :whistle: :laugh:
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About to take my carbs off for a cleaning. 07 Jul 2006 11:05 #59968

• Rickman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
when I did mine I bought rebuild kits first, but hindsight is telling me I probably didn't strictly need them. Do one at a time, don't mix parts up; don't get too much carb cleaner on rubber parts.. check the float needles very carefully, your gas dumping out may be a float needle stuck open -- without the needle to stop it, gas flows in and rises, spilling out the overflow. (oh jeeze, I gotta remember to put those overflow tubes back on my bike.) don't ream out jets as their diameter is important.
Hmm, is that vague enough for ya? Which is it, the 900? I.D.'d the carbs yet?
1983 KZ1100-L1 "LTD Shaft"
Wiseco 10.5:1 1171 piston kit, bored by APE
Dyna 2000, Dyna S, Dyna grey coils, WG coil power mod, CB900 starter

About to take my carbs off for a cleaning. 07 Jul 2006 11:25 #59976

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Think they are 26mm mikunis. Also think i'm gonna let that wiredgeorge guy have at em.
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

• Page: