Running bad 4-5k

More
28 Oct 2014 12:16 #652002 by New 750
Running bad 4-5k was created by New 750
Hello all, first I would like to introduce myself, I'm Nate live in Greenbay WI, and am the proud owner of a 1977 KZ750 (my second bike) my first was a yamaha xs400 Wich I traded on Craigslist for this bike just two days ago, I really like this bike I wanted something with more power and this bike is perfect for me! The first couple days I drove all over with no issues then the left carb would leak fuel so I pulled them off (mukini bs38) I believe? And as I suspected the float seat was gummed up, cleaned both carbs and now the bike runs like crap between 4-5k. So I pulled them back off cleaned them again, moved the needle jet c clip from the very top position to the second from top position, adjusted the two little fuel mixture screws 1 turn out per the manual, then 1.5 out. Still no change? It was running like a champ before what gives? Thanks alot in advance! Ps pulled both plugs they look great, nice and tan color.

1977 kawasaki KZ750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2014 12:16 #652234 by New 750
Replied by New 750 on topic Running bad 4-5k
Update..... My carbs where way out of sync, plus my throttle cable was was out of adjustment causing a very high idle. Amazing what you can accomplish with the service manual :lol:

1977 kawasaki KZ750
The following user(s) said Thank You: !Seymore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.