KZ1000-A3 Float settings?

More
23 Jul 2014 21:57 #641155 by Old Rider
KZ1000-A3 Float settings? was created by Old Rider
I have looked high and low for the factory settings on the net since my manual hasnt came yet, and have not found them anyone know what they are? VM28's. Want to make sure there right before i put them back on after doing the jets and main. I believe one of them was leaking from inside when on the side stand since all the gaskets where good and tight. Might have a faulty float issue as well. Only leaks over night, unless its on the center stand. Im open to ideas and thoughts you have run into.
On a side note, has anyone used one or made one of those homemade syncro pop bottle tuners? Looks like it should work but I've never had problems the old way either. I dont use pods but do use a 4to1 and a K&N filter which flows probably nearly as well. Just kicking around ideas to spend the weekend doing since my front tire separated and waiting on another. Just glad it didnt blow while I was going down the interstate. Think God had my hand that day! John.

Old Dogs never Die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2014 22:03 #641158 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic KZ1000-A3 Float settings?
clear tube test is the only way to correctly set float levels. Here is the link
scoll down on the link and you will how to preform it

69.46.28.106/forum/3-carburetor/362093-c...est-float-fuel-level

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
23 Jul 2014 22:13 #641160 by Old Rider
Replied by Old Rider on topic KZ1000-A3 Float settings?
Well thats a slick way of doing it, since you never really know what the float is doing inside the carb. TNX.

Old Dogs never Die.

More
05 Aug 2014 16:52 #642796 by Old Rider
Replied by Old Rider on topic KZ1000-A3 Float settings?
Ok, got the floats set so now I have no more fuel leak after sitting overnight. Had some 17.5 so changed the jets wow what a difference that made really woke up the sleeping Giant! I have 115 mains in now, thinking I may try the 120's just for the sake of getting it perfect. Also NOTE TO SELF: At 130mph the mirrors fold back :P . May get some new mirrors. Not a bad ride going but coming back into the wind was terrible. I would give the overall performance a 90%. :)

Old Dogs never Die.