750 CSR M1 Aftermarket exhaust and intake project

More
14 Jun 2014 17:06 - 14 Jun 2014 17:07 #636653 by McKinney
Thanks for taking the time to check this out and offer your advise.

I just recently purchase a 82 750 M1 Twin, all original stock. I'm looking into doing some custom work on the exhaust and intake,

I know that I'll more than likely have to go in and re-jet the carbs, just wasn't sure if anyone out there has done this before and can offer any advise as to were to grab parts for the ehuast and intake, as well as the jet's. Maybe y'all have some ideas about what sized i'll be needing as well.

Thanks again ahead of time.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2014 17:07 by McKinney.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2014 21:11 #636674 by Patton

McKinney wrote: ... 82 750 M1 Twin, all original stock. I'm looking into doing some custom work on the exhaust and intake....

Hello, McKinney, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

The CV carb best performs with the stock air box.
With pods, tuning throughout the entire carb range is problematic, even for experienced carb tuners.

If desiring the best street performance at all speeds and throttle ranges, should retain the stock air box.

If air box is removed, be sure not to damage it, and be sure to keep it available for later re-fitment when all the incessant carb fiddling gets tiresome.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
15 Jun 2014 17:32 #636759 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic 750 CSR M1 Aftermarket exhaust and intake project

McKinney wrote: Thanks for taking the time to check this out and offer your advise.

I just recently purchase a 82 750 M1 Twin, all original stock. I'm looking into doing some custom work on the exhaust and intake,

I know that I'll more than likely have to go in and re-jet the carbs, just wasn't sure if anyone out there has done this before and can offer any advise as to were to grab parts for the ehuast and intake, as well as the jet's. Maybe y'all have some ideas about what sized i'll be needing as well.

Thanks again ahead of time.

MAC still makes new exhaust sets for the 750 twins which work well with stock jets. Don't add performance but sound good and run OK.

I would never screw with the air box but I am old and lazy.

1979 KZ-750 Twin