dialing in BS34s

• jonarmstrong
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 May 2014 20:01 #634378 by jonarmstrong
dialing in BS34s was created by jonarmstrong
I've added a lot of new parts to my bike and am having trouble dialing the carbs in. I'm running 40 pilots and 135 mains I had 130 mains and they were too lean so during the swap I was convinced by a friend to leave the metering plugs out. He said it would keep the pilots from starving. The bike ran great to about 1/8 throttle but seemed to load up on top. I put them back in and it runs great on top but it studders on that 1/8 on bottom. Not sure how to get the beat of both worlds. Seems like with the metering plugs out it would get more gas to the pilots so do I need to up the size? Thanks

82 Kz1000 gpz1100 cams dyna ignition kerker k&n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 05:40 - 29 May 2014 05:41 #634411 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic dialing in BS34s

jonarmstrong wrote: I've added a lot of new parts to my bike and am having trouble dialing the carbs in. I'm running 40 pilots and 135 mains I had 130 mains and they were too lean so during the swap I was convinced by a friend to leave the metering plugs out. He said it would keep the pilots from starving. The bike ran great to about 1/8 throttle but seemed to load up on top. I put them back in and it runs great on top but it studders on that 1/8 on bottom. Not sure how to get the beat of both worlds. Seems like with the metering plugs out it would get more gas to the pilots so do I need to up the size? Thanks

With pods fitted, it's difficult to tune for best performance throughout the entire carb range, especially with CV carbs.

While not a perfect resolve, some folks report at least some partial success by installing an aftermarket carb kit that includes a different shaped jet needle.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 29 May 2014 05:41 by Patton.

• jonarmstrong
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 May 2014 05:48 #634412 by jonarmstrong
Replied by jonarmstrong on topic dialing in BS34s
I'm sorry, I guess I need to change my signature. I installed a factory airbox w a k&n and a kerker header w a yoshi pipe. I also did the dyna coil swap. I've been in these carbs a hundred times and just can't figure it out

82 Kz1000 gpz1100 cams dyna ignition kerker k&n