Z1000 A1 Needle Jet o-ring or no o-ring

More
05 May 2014 17:21 #631449 by rdennis
Hi all, I have been chasing my tail trying to eliminate low rev hesitancy after rebuild. Motor starts and runs nice when cold but after about 5 minutes it starts to run rich and I get a drip of fuel from all 4 overflows. Thinking it was fuel level related I replaced needle valves/seats/washers, floats and set up fuel level via the clear tube method...still happening.

My next step was to check the needle jet o-rings as I have had issues with these on other old bikes causing similar problems, when I removed them I discovered there are no o-rings and the needle jets have no grove for them??? When I refer to the manual all the variants seem to have them.

I have attached a photo of the needle jet assembly, does anyone know if this is correct? The bike was in parts when I picked it up so its possible someone before me changed them.

Attachment NeedleJet.jpg not found

Australian delivered 3/1977 Z1000 A
Carbs are stamped with I.D Z12 00, VM26SS or VM26SC? thoroughly cleaned, float levels set via wet method to 3mm, bench sync then vacuum sync. The carbs came with the following setup;
112.5R - Main Jet
17.5 - Pilot
Needle Jet - I cant read any identifying numbers?
Jet Needle - 5DL31-5 with the clip on the bottom, 5th position
Standard airbox but without the air box silencer
Yoshi 4 into 1
DYNA-S
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2014 17:29 #631451 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Z1000 A1 Needle Jet o-ring or no o-ring
I would install the o-rings as shown in the parts diagram. The good news is that according to Kawasaki.com they are still "Active" so any dealer can get them for you. Partzilla lists them at $1.06 each. Ed

www.partzilla.com/search/?q=16038-016&x=4&y=7

Attachment 00007_2014-05-05.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.