Throttle hesitation-Floats? Idol Jets?

More
07 May 2014 17:06 #631724 by pnedac
Replied by pnedac on topic Throttle hesitation-Floats? Idol Jets?
Thank you 650ed! Last question. On the last picture where you mention the pilot screws perhaps being in those holes that is where I am just slightly confused. These holes are open to atmosphere and the air screws ARE on the side of the carbs. I know that there are certain ones where the screw is at the bottom.

Since mine are on the side, if I understand correctly, these are fine the way they are. Is that correct? Thank you for your help on this. I bet you those two stinking plugs have been part of my problem! These ones where I was wondering if the rubber plugs should deb there I was just curious because I had a '80 GS750 and it did have plugs, though it was totally different carbs. I am grasping at straws on this one.

THANK YOU!

78 KZ650 B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2014 19:33 - 07 May 2014 19:35 #631742 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Throttle hesitation-Floats? Idol Jets?
Yes. The empty spaces where pilot screw carbs would have had screws are just open to the atmosphere. It's nearly impossible to get a good picture of it, but you may be able to tell from the image below that mine are open. Picture was taken is a green framed mirror in case you're wondering what the heck that green thing is. :laugh: Ed

Attachment 00005_2014-05-07-3.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 May 2014 19:35 by 650ed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.