Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel/vacuum lines from Tank to ???? 01 Nov 2005 10:52 #5924

• bigmac0957
  • bigmac0957's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1981 KZ550 that was given to me recently. It's not been started in something over 10 years. I need to know where the fuel line and vacuum line go to from the tank. I have two cndidates, but some advice would be good. There is a inlet in the middle of the row of carbs on a tube that runs from one side to the other. It appears to be connecting the carbs together and that's my best guess as to where the fuel line shoud be. I believe the vacuum line goes to another inlet tube in front of the carbs that appears to be going into an area that would be supplying air to the carbs. This is my best guess for the vacuum feed from the gas tank. Any thoughts or advice onthe subject would be most welcome.

Thanks much,

Big Mac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel/vacuum lines from Tank to ???? 01 Nov 2005 11:10 #5926

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Mac, The round slide Teikei carburetors have a single fuel inlet between 2&3 carburetors just above the bowls and inline with the fuel pipes that join 1&2 and 3&4 carbs.

If my memory serves, there are three brass fittings on the sides of the carbs. Two of these barbs are for venting the float bowls and one is for engine vacuum. If my memory is correct, the vents are on 2 & 4. I think the vacuum is on #3. You can tell by looking at the one for the vacuum as it is just a hole going directly to the inside of the venturi. The hole will be located on the inside of the carb adjacent to the vacuum barb just behind the jet needle/needle jet. The vents connect to holes in the top of the bowl cavity. I think the little Teikei carbs have aluminum tees inserted between 1&2 and 3&4 to connect the vents for these pairs of carbs but again this is just from memory.

If you still have a problem, let me know and I will look at a set of those things and get back to you...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: