Carb throttle valve is sticking???

More
08 Jan 2014 08:16 #617733 by bofar
Carb throttle valve is sticking??? was created by bofar
I just finished cleaning my carburetors and have put them back together, they are still off the bike. I noticed that when i turn the pulley that the throttle cables fit into to turn the throttle valve it sticks for the first little bit and makes a loud click before it releases. It takes a bit of force to get it to release. It seems as though the "stick" only be coming from the 1 carb. At least that is where the sound comes from. It was moving smooth and free before i took them apart but I can't seem to figure out what is holding it up from moving freely now. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

Its a '78 KZ650SR, i believe the carbs are mikuni VM22ss.

Also if anyone knows how many turns out the air valve recommendation is off the top of their heads i'd like to know that as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2014 09:12 #617742 by bofar
Replied by bofar on topic Carb throttle valve is sticking???
I now have more info. I took the number 1 carb apart again and removed the main jet… and it doest stick at all with the main jet out. When i put it back in it starts sticking again… it doesn't even have to be in all the way, even at about half way in it sticks. its like the throttle valve is grabbing onto something or something is holding it up. Any suggestions?

also a few of the o-rings on the jets are dry rotted and will need replacing. where could i find those?

More
08 Jan 2014 09:15 - 08 Jan 2014 09:16 #617743 by sbc1320
Replied by sbc1320 on topic Carb throttle valve is sticking???

bofar wrote: I now have more info. I took the number 1 carb apart again and removed the main jet… and it doest stick at all with the main jet out. When i put it back in it starts sticking again… it doesn't even have to be in all the way, even at about half way in it sticks. its like the throttle valve is grabbing onto something or something is holding it up. Any suggestions?

also a few of the o-rings on the jets are dry rotted and will need replacing. where could i find those?

Is the needle bent or broken?

1980 KZ1000 LTD-B4(MK II engine) - Progressive suspension, MTC pistons, Dynojet Stage III, all wear items replaced, WFO paint scheme(1978), etc..

Past bikes- 2 1976 Kz900's, 5 1975-76 Honda CB750's, Honda 500 -4, Honda 250, Honda 125, Honda 100, Suzuki RM 250, Honda XL350, Kawasaki KLR 650, etc..
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 09:16 by sbc1320.