79' MkII pumper carb hose routing?

More
30 Nov 2013 09:31 #614458 by MRNLaguna
79' MkII pumper carb hose routing? was created by MRNLaguna
Anyone familiar with MkII pumper carbs, could sure use some info on vac. hose routing to and from bottom of #2 carb.(accel. pump float bowl) all carbs have been cleaned, new diaphragm installed, spring and ball under brass plug cleaned and replaced in # 2 bowl, brass pump nozzles to each carb cleaned out, new hoses between bowls replaced , still unable to get system to pump fuel? Looks like accel. Pump system gets its fuel from #2 bowl? I understand fuel inlet and overflow system from all carbs,except for one brass nipple from bottom of #2 bowl to?
Any and all advice would be much appreciated, any diagrams available, via the manual or online?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2013 21:22 #614504 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic 79' MkII pumper carb hose routing?
No real secrets, all 4 bottom breather lines just straight hoses to the rear of the motorcycle, the normal breathers facing upward go to the airbox, the normal vacuum nipple to the vacuum fuel valve. The pumper carbs are a real pain in the azz and don't pump is the norm for most.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MRNLaguna

More
02 Dec 2013 20:10 #614669 by MRNLaguna
Replied by MRNLaguna on topic 79' MkII pumper carb hose routing?
Thanks for the hose routing info, I'll keep messing with them up until I say the hell with it and just ride it the way it is I suppose. I can pre load gas directly into the pump and watch it come out each nozzle but it won't draw fuel on it's own. Might have to break the bank and find a manual for it or call Sudco in LA to see if they can help. Didn't the Kz650 also come with pumpers? Like 26mm or there about ?

More
02 Dec 2013 21:32 #614673 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic 79' MkII pumper carb hose routing?
Yea, the 79 KZ650 also debuted the pumper carbs in 22mm size. A little different set up, but same idea. Idea was to lean out jetting to pass emissions requirements, but spit in the extra fuel during throttle twist, just like an old rochester quadrajet carb on an old chevy from 1966.
The main problem was in priming the setup, the spray would happen good once it got going, but the float runs dry getting gas to initially start squirting was near impossible, hence the setup doesn't work the majority of the time.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
06 Dec 2013 17:51 #614948 by MRNLaguna
Replied by MRNLaguna on topic 79' MkII pumper carb hose routing?
Thanks, that's good to know, might spend time on other aspects of the bike as it runs well w/o the pumpers working. I'll just pretend!