77 kz650 carb help needed

More
11 Sep 2013 22:58 #606099 by Kruulish
77 kz650 carb help needed was created by Kruulish
Ok so i bought this bike from a guy that let it sit outside for a year and after some cleaning and new plugs i got it to run but it pours gas out of the second carb like crazy while running unless the choke it pulled all the way up..ive checked and rechecked the floats many times but im new to this so if someone could help me detect the problem it would be awesome! also im looking to completely rebuild the carbs(not just the usual rebuild kit but everything) and i cant find anything for them anywhere..they are vm28ss pumper carbs. also i put a new petcock on it so thats ruled out. right now im going to reclean and bench sync the carbs while i wait on my exhaust studs to come in the mail. if anyone has time to let me know what i need to do to get this thing to idle right, quit surging, and stop pouring gas out of the #2 carb that would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2013 23:06 #606102 by nickleo373
Replied by nickleo373 on topic 77 kz650 carb help needed
Check the float valves. Under each float there is a spring. If you remove the spring you'll be able to spray carb cleaner or compressed air inside and clear the valve

1981 KZ550C LTD
"If you ain't first, you're last"

More
12 Sep 2013 00:11 #606119 by Kruulish
Replied by Kruulish on topic 77 kz650 carb help needed
lol i just found out i had the float needles in upside down..